Letter to Ryder


Dear Ryder,

As I sit down to write this letter I already feel the emotions start, as tears stream down my cheeks thinking how very hard you work every single day just to have a normal life.

I reflect on how you struggle to accomplish life goals at such an early age, never taking a break, never complaining you don't want to.

I have watched you in the last 3.5 months make leaps and bounds in your E.I.B.I Program, from the 1st day you started to feel at peace with yourself as well as others. I sometimes forget that you don't understand things and I feel so frustrated but then realize how you must feel. I am so sorry that you have to go through all this.

If mommy and daddy could take all your pain, frustration, loneliness and fears away we would, that is why we are fighting for you and will do anything it takes to get you the continuous help you deserve. I am very saddened to think we may have to leave this province that all of us were born in and move to a new province to get the help you so desperately need and deserve.

We know you are worth any sacrifice we only wish our government would feel the same way. Through the past few months I never felt so alone in a fight. How distant just a few people can make a person feel. I sometimes wonder, is this how you feel all the time?

Just know that we will always be here through the toughest time and emotional times, and those are frequent, but this will make us all stronger. I wish other people could see the difference your program makes and that sometimes things like money isn't everything.

Instead we need more compassion for those that can't ask for help. Mommy, Daddy, Paige, and all of your family will fight for you just as you do every single day for your future.

We LOVE you SO MUCH.

I will make you this promise you will never be alone and you will always have strength behind you. I know how brilliant you are and the world will see it as well. You have a purpose in life and I know you will show others as you do us what that purpose is. Be strong lil one, I know we ask a lot of a 3.5 year old and its not FAIR you have to go through so much just to have a typical life.

We see how awesome you are and what a fantastic sense of humor you have. Keep smiling buddy because you are a shooting star so very bright.

LIVE, LOVE & LAUGH is our family motto.

Love,

Your momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment