Letter to Isaac

Isaac Sebastien Richard, 4 years old

To my beautiful, intense, capricious, brilliant little boy.

You have taught me a great many things about the world, about being a mom, about perspectives, about humility, and about true love.

About the world I have learned that there are people who will help us and support us, and there are those that will be unable or unwilling to step outside of themselves and stand up for you.

About being a mom, you have shown me what I am made of. I have learned I can be a great observer, a resourceful person, a steadfast mom dedicated to you. I have also learned the true meaning of the word patience.

About perspective, you have showed me that there are many ways to see and feel the world, and from your perspective the world can be a fascinating and horrifying place.

About humility, you have helped me be a better person, opening my eyes to the importance of sharing and connecting with others, and how far a little humility can go.

About true love, you have taught me that my love for you is like no other, and nobody can take that connection away from us. I have grown to love how you find perfection in your repetitious ways; I admire your brevity and honesty with people; I respect how brave you have to be every day to connect with people outside of our bubble, and to try new things.

You are momma’s hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment