Letter to Brett

To Brett,

Although I always will love you sometimes it is so very hard. When the melt-downs occur (and they are often) I try to remain calm but sometimes after a sleep deprived night it is difficult to be patient with you.

I watch what your peers are doing and not doing and it breaks my heart that you are not at that place. What I wouldn't do to read a book to you from start to finish and have you engaged, what I wouldn't do to play a game of Candyland with you, what I wouldn't do to have you demand a toy in a store and whine until you get it, what I wouldn't do to hear you say "I love you" for the first time.

Love your Mom

PS: Please Minister Polak and Premier Campbell reconsider your decision. I am begging you to give our children with autism a better future.

No comments:

Post a Comment